I have been terrible about posting, and i’m sorry for that! I really haven’t been cooking as many at-home meals as I would have liked! But I am going to try and post a new recipe every two days, I have to get into a routine!
This was an idea that I got from a great friend of mine, and I tweaked a recipe from Shape Magazine.
For the dip:
- 1 Tablespoon of low fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
- 6 Pepperoncini peppers, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the greek seasoned chicken:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil to cook chicken
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
For the Wraps:
- 4 Spinach flavored tortillas
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced and tossed with leen greek seasoning and lemon juice
- chopped pepperonici peppers
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of black olives sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves, washed and drained
To make the dip:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (I used my magic bullet!)
- Dip can be covered and refrigerated for up to one week
To make the chicken:
- Turn stove on medium, and put 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a frying pan big enough to hold all four boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix together all spices for the leen greek seasoned chicken and sprinkle all over the chicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the pan and then put chicken in the pan to cook, for about 15 minutes total, flipping halfway through (cooking time can vary depending on thickness of the breast)
- Once finished, cut the chicken into strips.
To make the wraps:
- Warm the tortillas in a preheated oven on 200 degrees F for 5 minutes until warm.
- Spread the dip on one side of the tortilla
- Place chicken, pepperonici peppers, red onion, tomato, black olives and spinach leaves onto the dip.
- Fold up the tortilla
I loved experimenting with these wraps, and will definitely make them again!
This makes 4 servings, at 310 calories per serving!
Just downloaded some great new running songs, will be going on a morning run tomorrow! What plans and goals do you have planned for this week?