I am just up and about, eating this amazing, energizing oatmeal! I did my legs and abs workout yesterday, and man am I sore!
- 1/4 cup of steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
- Make steel cut oats according to directions on package, the amount of oats and water might be different depending on what kind of oats you have.
- When almost finished cooking, add the flax seed, almonds, cinnamon, ginger, and honey. Finish cooking until oats are soft.
- Top with Greek yogurt and add more cinnamon if desired.
This recipe was adapted from yummly.com, makes 1 serving, at 300 calories per serving!
What did you eat for breakfast today?