This is SUCH a good chicken dish, and at only 185 calories per serving, you really can’t beat it!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add artichokes and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Remove from pan; cool.
- Stir in cheese, 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 2 tablespoons artichoke mixture into each pocket.
- Heat the other 1 teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and sprinkle with and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and Herbs de Provence; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan; keep warm. Add 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence and broth to pan; bring to a boil. Combine juice and flour; add to broth mixture, stirring with a whisk. Cook 1 minute or until thick. Return chicken to pan; cover and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
This recipe was adapted from myrecipes.com, makes four servings, at 185 calories per serving!