- 1 pound lean ground turkey, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms, chopped into little pieces.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped into little pieces.
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mix together all ingredients except olive oil until blended well.
- Warm skillet over medium heat. Once warmed, add olive oil until heated.
- Roll into patties or little meat balls and place on heated skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes each side, depending on size of meat balls.
I actually came up with this recipe based on the ingredients I had in the fridge! My mom always told me that you can use mushrooms to help hold burgers together instead of bread crumbs, making this a low carb, healthy protein.
This made me 6 servings of little meat balls, with 155 calories per serving.