- 2 sweet potatoes, warmed in microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 2 minutes, (make sure you poke holes in the potato with a fork to make sure the heat can get out)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Cut sweet potatoes in half, and then slice the potatoes into small pieces, or chips.
- In a plastic bag, combine the sweet potatoes, olive oil, and spices and seasonings. Close and shake the bag until the fries are evenly coated. Spread the fries out in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until crispy and brown on one side. Turn the fries over using a spatula, and cook for another 30 minutes, or until they are all crispy on the outside and tender inside. Thinner fries may not take as long, and will be crunchier.
This recipe was adapted from allrecipes.com, makes 4 servings, at 120 calories per serving!