Good afternoon all!
Things have been crazy around here, I promise I will start adding more recipes and workout updates! To start off, I made this delicious and healthy banana nut bread! After cooked, can keep in fridge for up to one week, and is yummy warmed up in the microwave!
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir with mixer, applesauce and honey together. Add eggs, and mix well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter. Blend in chopped nuts. Spread batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until fork stuck into loaf comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 1/2 hour before slicing.
I adapted this recipe from allrecipes.com. This loaf makes 12 servings and only has 152 calories per serving!
Tonight for dinner I am making leen artichoke chicken! Recipe and pictures to come!
What are you doing today?