Good Morning to you!
For my boyfriends birthday that was just a couple days ago, I wanted to make a yummy treat! We had bacon wrapped fillet Mignon, with a mozzarella tomato stack!
For the fillet, all we did was put fresh ground black pepper and low sodium Worcestershire sauce and put it on the grill pan in pre heated oven for 10-15 minutes on each side, depending on how you like it cooked.
For the mozzarella tomato stack although, there was a little more preparation!
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 block of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried basil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Ground black pepper
- Cut up Roma tomatoes into slices
- Cut mozzarella block into thin slices
- Stack the tomatoes onto the cheese, putting the minced garlic, a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and basil in between each stack, as well as on top.
- Pour a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar on top for decoration, as well as some basil.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes in the fridge to allow all flavors to marinate
This meal is not only easy, but looks like you took a lot of time to make! Pair each of these with different sides/leen proteins for a great, fast meal! Tonight I will be making leen artichoke chicken with white wine, pictures and recipe to come soon!
Get up and get going!