Before going out back to school shopping with my mom, I was trying to come up with something refreshing and healthy to make for our afternoon lunch! This is both refreshing, and extremely healthy! I hope you enjoy!
- 2 large cucumbers seeded (1 of them peeled, 1 left with peeling on) and both chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, chopped (to taste)
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped (to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the cucumber, lemon juice, mint, dill, garlic, yogurt, olive oil, in a large mixing bowl; stir with a large spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a blender; blend on high speed until smooth.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Top with slices of cucumber for decoration and black pepper.
This recipe was adapted from allrecipes.com. Makes 4 servings, at 150 calories a serving!
Get up and get going!