I absolutely LOVE the taste and texture of avocados! These are great sources of “healthy” fats. That’s right, fat can be healthy! I have read on countless numbers of websites that it is important to use healthy fats in your diet for thinner waist. These “healthy” fats are in extra virgin olive oil, avocados, and other types of oil, including sunflower oil, sesame oil, etc. This is a wonderful summer salad, paired great with any leen protein! 🙂
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon clove honey
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 20 black olives, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- In a large bowl, mix garlic, lime juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and pepper.
- Gently toss in the olives, onions and avocados until coated. Cover, and chill 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
Makes four servings, only 245 calories per serving! I adapted this recipe from allrecipes.com.
This is TOO yuummmy! The honey really sweetens up the vinegar taste, use less if you want a stronger tangy taste! The dressing is also great on any green salad!
I am finally out of summer school and soo happy! No worries, just time to make great habits before the school year starts!
What do you want to change?