This is an easy, healthy soup that I threw together today! The beauty of it, is that you can add or take out any ingredients, and can make it your own creation!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Fill 3 quart pot with water (about half way).
- Add garlic, oregano and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken breasts to water (Mine were frozen, but you can also thaw them first)
- Boil chicken breasts for 20 minutes, until white throughout, and the juices run clear.
- Take chicken out of broth, and with fork, shred the chicken into small bit sized pieces
- 2 large eggs beaten with fork until throughly mixed
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, only pour out half of the liquid in can
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- Place shredded chicken and remainder of ingredients back into broth,, mixing throughly.
- Turn the heat down to low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. mixing every 5 minutes
Although the ingredient list is long, this is a quick and healthy meal! Add different spices for a different taste!