I’m not a huge fan of the fishy taste in salmon, but this marinade compliments it beautifully! I know the importance of adding seafood to my diet, so I try to have salmon at least once a week. This recipe is also great on the grill!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ideal zero calorie brown sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- Stir balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and low sodium soy sauce with Ideal zero calorie brown sweetener, ground ginger, paprika, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir in garlic, green onions, and sesame oil until well combined.
- Pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag or bowl. Add salmon to marinade and gently toss to coat. Place into refrigerator and marinate 2 to 24 hours (the longer the better!)
- Preheat oven to broil
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until fish flakes easy with fork.
This salmon has an Asian-y flavor with a kick, and is to die for! This recipe was adapted from allrecipes.com, you can find the orignal here.
I cooked it again on the grill pan (I use that pan for pretty much everything). My side for tonight was a salad with oil and vinegar. You will see that I absolutely LOVE salads! There is so many different dressings, and ingredients you can add to them to make them different and tasty! I keep cut up ingredients in the fridge so I can always have a quick salad on the go!
I hardly and I mean HARDLY ever eat sugar, but when I do need a tiny bit in a recipe, I use Ideal, with zero calories, as well as that brown sugar taste! If you are trying to lose weight, I wouldn’t suggest doing this often!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have! Keep up the hard work!